Saturday 28 July 2012

The Beginning...

Good Morning...
This is my first ever blog post and I feel a tad nervous because I have looked at so many amazing blogs over the last week or so. I have really been humming and haring whether to begin my own one. I suppose this blog speaks for itself and I decided I would give it a shot. 

This year has been a tough one and I really feel I owe myself some me time and to enjoy something for myself. I have always loved going into shops that sell handmade items. I could look for hours, sometimes when I look at the pretty things I really can't believe the talent some people are gifted with. I'm afraid as a beginner I wouldn't say I have that talent....YET! But I really hope one day after all my practicing and hard work I could make pretty things to sell. At the moment I'm just making pretty things for myself and my family. 

This is my first ever project...I know I know it doesn't look like much now but it will be amazing once it is finished. The reason behind this project is because my Nanny and I started this a few months ago. I said to her that I really wanted her to teach me how to knit and I wanted a nice blanket ready for those winter days snuggled on the couch. I picked knitting up quite quickly perhaps it was because Nanny had so much patience. Sadly my Nanny passed away in May so we didn't get to finish the blanket together, however I now want to finish what she helped me start. The patchwork is going to be lemon and white and on the inner side I want a material filled with butterflies. My first confession is I kind of have an obsession with butterflies, someone once told me butterflies are spirits. This has kind of stuck with me and now whenever I see a butterfly I can't help but watch it until it's out of sight. On the front of the patchwork I'm going to sew on some random butterflies too.  
I recently had a special tattoo done and I'm one of those people who thought I would never sit in that tattooist chair, but I did and I am so glad I did. Here is a little more on my obsession with butterflies...
Every time I look down at my wrist it really makes me smile...I love tattoos but I like them to have a meaning (well on myself). The butterflies resemble the people in my life who have passed on to that special place. The pink is for my Nanny, the green is for my Irish Grandad and the blue is for my Auntie. She had blue at her wedding. I hope you don't think I'm being negative because I'm really not. I just wanted to share with you my biggest inspirations and they are these three special people. I'm hoping they will send me signs to help inspire me with my art and craft.

Wow...this is turning out to be a rather long blog hope it hasn't bored you too much ;o) My aim today is to take photographs of at least two things that make me smile...what's going to be your aim today? 
I am now off for my third jog of the week hoping that means a good weight loss on Tuesday...Yes I am afraid I'm a person that struggles with my weight and hopefully one day I will find my happy place. 

Anyways it was nice sharing with you, by the end of my first blog my nerves have gone and butterflies of excitement have filled my tummy. Can't wait to look round some more blogs for more inspiring ideas of art and crafts and maybe cupcakes if I feel brave one day...Have a great day.

Love Colleen x


No comments:

Post a Comment